- Countertop standard height is 36″ tall. At times it is necessary to raise heights to 38″to accommodate a fridge. Comfortable range for most is 36-38″. Always design your counters lower than the distance of your client’s bent elbow to the ground.
- Bar serve counter height varies from 42″-46″ tall. If you plan to use bar stools, select them ahead of time and let the height of the seat dictate your final bar counter height.
- Bar stools are typically 28″ tall, but there is much variance depending on styling and manufacturer.
- Cantilever a minimum of 10 inches to allow room for knees on any type of counter.
- Tabletop height standard is 30 inches tall.